Introduction of new developer.No.003

Maybe this is a good template for new depvelopers before the unlucky 1000th one join…

Hello, everyone:

This is Guocong Yu which has a github account mianhk.I’m now working for Database Team at Xiaomi as a maintainer and developer of TiDB. I took much time on Backup&Recover/Platform/Orchestration/Migration around MySQL before we meet TiDB which performs well in HTAP. In past nearly one year, I worked for making TiDB easy to use on internal platform in filed of Deployment,Monitor,Alert and so on. I am interested in the Deployment of TiDB in both physical environment and cloud environment.

As a cloud-native database, TiDB is easy to deployed on Kubernetes with the help of TiDB Operator.I am excited to join us to let a modern database deployed on Kubernetes easier to use and more stable.In the coming period of time, I will try to fix issues and participate in the development of new features of TiDB Operator and other projects.

Thanks for your help and hope TiDB better.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community @mianhk !

Although I don’t think it is a strong requirement to introduce developer himself/herself in this form, it is a good insights when we create a dedicate category for this kind of posts.

I’m unaware of how TiDB Operator is developed but found that you participated in some new features.

… it looks in a good direction! I’m curious whether they are in a same domain? It’d be better contributors on board by typos or issues and later focus on a specific domain to be familiar and comfortable with the project.